When we develop, debug or administer Dynamics 365 (CRM) solutions , a handy tool that we all come across is the “XRMToolBox” . It offers many tools that can make our consulting life very easy . I recently came across another fantastic tool that we can use in our day to day CRM work. With this article I am going to give an introduction to it , look at how we can get it up and running.
So, let’s look at the Add-In, how get it installed and what are its features.
What is Levelup-for-Dynamics-CRM ?
Basically, this tool provides a list of shortcuts to a variety of actions that we usually perform when Developing, Debugging or Administrating CRM environments. e.g.
- Get the logical names of all the fields in a form
- Get the Record ID or URL
- Look at all the Workflows & Business Rules associated with the current entity.
Below is a table of the detailed functions the Add-in provides
[table id=3 /]
What do we Need?
- A CRM instance for obvious reasons 😊
- Google Chrome Web Browser.
How to Install It?
- Navigate to Chrome Web Store (https://chrome.google.com)
- Search for “Level up for Dynamics CRM/365”
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” Button
- A new Button will be added to the Google Chrome Web Browser.
- Click on the button and all the available features will be displayed
Hope this article will help you in your day to day consulting work . If there are any questions please feel free to email or comment.