I recently provisioned a D365 CE instance on Demo Builder and I noticed there is a new solution that was installed called “Adobe Sign” .
l looked into the solution a bit more and I thought of writing a blog on how it works.
So, first of all what is Adobe Sign? Adobe Sign (formerly Adobe EchoSign) is a Product offering by Adobe for securely signing and managing documents. We now have a solution that can integrate Adobe Sign into D365. With this solution users can now obtain signatures for any form/contract documentation needed. The solution has the following benefits
- Can be used with CRM records such as Contacts, Accounts, Leads, Opportunities, Orders, Invoices, Quotes, Contracts, also with custom Entities
- Ability to send documents with OneClick
- Ability to get data from CRM entities to the Sign form as well as update CRM records with data captured on the Sign form via Data Mapping.
- Ability to store the signed document as an attachment against the CRM record .
I will be covering this solution in three parts
- Installation and Setup of Adobe Sign in D365
- Agreement Preparation in Adobe Sign using D365
- Sending agreements from D365 using Adobe Sign
Installation and Setup of Adobe Sign in D365
- Navigate to Microsoft App Source (Settings -> Microsoft AppSource)
- In D365 navigate to (Adobe Sign -> Global Settings) Signup for a 30 day trial with Adobe Sign (Link)
- Once the Registration is complete, Navigate to the Adobe Sign Admin Portal (Link)
- For Adobe Sign to work with D365 it will need an integration key. The key can be generated in the Adobe Sign Admin Portal. Login to
(Adobe Sign Portal -> Account -> Adobe Sign API -> API Information)
- Click on the “Integration Key” hyperlink
- In the Integration Key Settings specify a name for the Key and provide the appropriate permissions. At the minimum the below permissions should be provided. Click “Save” on the all the setting are completed.
- On the Access Token page click on the “Integration Key” Hyper link and copy the exposed key.
- In D365 navigate to (Adobe Sign -> Global Settings)
- Paste your key into the Integration Key field
- Click Validate Key in the ribbon
After a few seconds if the “You are logged in with Adobe Sign” message comes up on the screen. You have successfully linked D365 with Adobe Sign
- Disable legacy form rendering to use Adobe Sign. To do this Navigate to
(Settings -> Administration-> System Settings) and click on the “General Tab”
- Configure Activity Feed on Adobe Agreement Entity. TO do this Navigate to
(Settings -> Activity Feeds Configuration)
- Find the “adobe_agreement” record to select it, and then click Activate. If you Don’t see this record refresh the list.
- Once the record is Activated click on “Publish All Customizations”
- Assigning Security Roles: To do this Navigate to (Settings > Security)
There are three Security roles that will be added to CRM as a part of the D365 Adobe Sign solution. Dynamics user who intend to use Adobe Sign should be assigned with at least one of the roles for the solution to work.
- Adobe Sign Reader –Read only access to Agreement records.
- Adobe Sign User – Provides the ability for the user to work with Agreements and other application entities. This role permits user level access.
- Adobe Sign Administrator – Allows permission to modify Global Settings, Data Migration and visibility of all Agreements throughout the application.
- Reassign Workflow Ownership: When the solution installs there are 3 workflows that get added to the system as
- Trigger status update
- Update status recursive
These workflows by default gets assigned to the “installing user”. For the workflows to execute successfully they need to be assigned to the “Adobe Sign Administrator” security Role. Therefore in this instance you can either add the installing user to the “Adobe Sign Administrator” security Role or create a new user account for Adobe sign and reassign the workflows to the new user after allocating the “Adobe Sign Administrator” security Role.
- Adobe Sign Global Settings: In D365 navigate to (Adobe Sign -> Global Settings)
- Adobe Sign / CRM Administrator has the ability to alter the below global settings (Optional)
In my next post I will be explain how to setup Agreement Templates in Adobe Sign .
I Hope this article will help you in your day to day consulting work . If there are any questions please feel free to email or comment.